List of ways how to find a private caregiver
Consider the following before you start looking for a private caregiver
- What type and what level of healthcare training is needed?
- Any language skills or other special skills needed.
- Experience working with memory impairments or other disabilities.
- Ability to operate any special equipment.
- Has a valid driver’s license
- A person in good health (proof of negative covid-19 test)
After you have determined what kind of in-home help you were looking for the next step in this process is how to find private caregiver by placing your job posting in the right places. Knowing exactly what you’re looking for in a private caregiver is helpful when sorting through all of the individuals providing caregiver services. It is recommended that you write a detailed caregiver job description, including the specific services you will expect from the private caregiver that you hire.
Consider if the senior receiving care will be more comfortable with a private caregiver who shares their cultural background and or language, if they have a preference between male and female caregivers, and if the hired private caregivers will be assisting with personal care duties.
Listed here are a few resources for finding qualified private caregivers
- Referrals from family and friends
- Independent living centers, senior centers, religious congregations, or national health organizations (i.e. Alzheimer’s Association)
- Local College/University career offices, especially those with nursing or social work programs
- Bank Trustees, Investment Bankers, and Notaries may also be good sources to turn to. Often times quality caregivers will reach out to professionals who may benefit from having this additional value to extend to their senior clients when home assistance is required.
As an employer you can post your caregiver job listing, or you can search the resumes and profiles of job seekers on many websites offering free postings for caregivers and families looking for caregivers.
Visit Free Caregiver Advertising Sites for more ways to find a private caregiver.
The ‘Hire a private caregiver guide’ also includes 22 professional senior care templates
✔️ Hire caregiver checklist
✔️ Senior Care Requirements
✔️ Caregiver employment application form
✔️ Caregiver job description form
✔️ Senior care information form
✔️ Caregiver employment agreement (long form)
✔️ Caregiver employment contract (short form)
✔️ Pre-interview caregiver questionnaire
✔️ Caregiver interview questionnaire
✔️ Caregiver reference check questionnaire
✔️ Senior housekeeping chart
✔️ Senior hygiene care chart
✔️ Senior care invoice
✔️ Looking for caregiver job post template
✔️ Tax receipt for senior care
✔️ Covid-19 Senior visit health form
✔️ Senior home Safety checklist (private home/residence)
✔️ Daily Food log
✔️ Senior community services contact list
✔️ End-of-Life wishes information sheet
✔️ Emergency medical information
✔️ Caregiving daily checklist
✔️ Caregiving daily checklist (ADOBE Fillable Form)