The best way to hire a private caregiver!
Get the help you need with this hire a private caregiver guide and professional senior care forms.
The ‘Hire a private caregiver PACK’ was created by a senior care business owner who understands the need for careful planning, organization, and selection when it comes to finding and hiring a qualified caregiver.
Professional senior care forms- created for you by a senior care business owner and caregiver
18 Hire a Private Caregiver Templates
✔️ Hire a private caregiver checklist
✔️ Caregiver employment application form
✔️ Caregiver job description form
✔️ Senior care information form
✔️ Caregiver employment agreement (long form)
✔️ Caregiver employment contract (short form)
✔️ Pre-interview caregiver questionnaire
✔️ Caregiver interview questionnaire
✔️ Caregiver reference check questionnaire
✔️ Caregiver visit report form
✔️ Senior Housekeeping chart
✔️ Senior hygiene care chart
✔️ Senior care invoice
✔️ ‘Need a Caregiver’ Post
✔️ Caregiver Tax receipt
✔️ Covid-19 Senior visit health form
✔️ Senior home safety checklist
✔️ Food and Hydration Chart
Take the right steps in the hiring process to avoid countless complications, heartache and conflict.
⭐ Obtain background information on previous experience (reference check questionnaire)
⭐ Go through a simple screening process
⭐ Meet caregiver in person / virtually
⭐ Obtain background information on previous experience (caregiver reference check questionnaire)
⭐ Arrange a short meeting for senior and caregiver to meet each other
PREVIEW SOME OF THE TEMPLATES YOU WILL RECEIVE IN THE DOWNLOAD…
Hire a private caregiver checklist
This checklist will help keep you organized and on task throughout the hiring process.
Caregiver employment application form template:
- Application form template that you can send to potential caregiver candidates found through caregiving sites, and those who responded to your caregiver ad post.
- This is STEP 1 in the screening process to narrow your search for an excellent private caregiver.
Pre-Interview caregiver interview template:
Send this template by email to potential caregiver candidates that you selected from the received application forms. Ask them to return it with a given deadline. You will get to see very quickly which candidates are serious, have nothing to hide, and are committed to earning a position as your senior care provider.
Full caregiver interview template: (in person or virtually)
- Get to know your potential candidates in more detail with these prepared questions.
- You can add, edit, or delete parts of this questionnaire
- Electronic form-fill or print this form
- Remember to follow up with references to cross check these responses
Caregiver reference check questionnaire template:
Caregiver job description form template:
This form is important to fill out and have on hand after you hire a private caregiver. You can auto-fill digitally or manually fill out the form.
- The detail instructions in this form helps to ensure that the first few visits for both the senior client and caregiver provide an easier transition.
- Job expectations are clear, and as a result avoid confusion. By avoiding confusion, you can greatly reduce the level of stress.
- When a caregiver enters a senior home and know what to do while visiting it helps the bonding process.
- If certain tasks need to be completed in or around the residence, the senior will not have to describe the details of what to do.
*It is a good idea on the visit to take the caregiver around the residence and go over the job description form
Senior care information form template:
- 10-page fillable form (all details needed for required care)
- You can print out or digitally fill out send and save this form
- This form is a valuable source of information for Doctors and Specialists when a caregiver takes a senior to an appointment
- Important information to have access to in a medical emergency
*Should any member of the care team need important information quickly, the information is able to be accessed quickly.
Caregiver employment agreement template: (long format)
Protect yourself the same way home care agencies do when you hire a private caregiver!!
- Clarifies job duties and a schedule to follow when private caregiver services are provided.
- Everything this document covers in writing:
- All fees
- Transport of senior
- Payment terms
- Sick days/personal days
- Grounds for terminating service
- You can customize this form 100%
- Add, delete, or Modify however you like
Caregiver employment contract template: (short format)
- Form fill / print and fill out manually
- Customize this form (Add or delete fields)
Senior care invoice template:
This invoice is specifically for the senior care service industry.
- All digital fields can be added, edited, or removed.
- Formula calculations already in template!
- Easily add local tax rates if applicable.
- If you are going to hire a private caregiver, this senior invoice template keeps all the senior private caregiver costs in order and up to date.
- Simply send this downloadable template to your caregiver to use for future billing.
Caregiver visit report form:
- Stay informed with this daily form- send this template to your caregiver and he/she will be able to fill it out after each visit
- Good way to keep track in the event any medical issues should arise
Senior housekeeping chart template:
- helps keep house tasks organized (If they were done, and when they were completed)
- Work efficiently (set days)
- Safeguard seniors living area (safety is primary concern)
- Save time from unnecessary communication
- Home remains a comfortable place to stay for senior(s)
Senior hygiene care chart template:
The care team in place will have clear information to meet all the daily needs of the senior.
Basic ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) consist of self-care tasks that include:
- Bathing and showering
- Personal hygiene and grooming (including brushing/combing/styling hair)
- Toilet hygiene (getting to the toilet, cleaning oneself, and getting back up)
- Functional mobility
This chart is crucial when a care team of more than one person is in place who are responsible for the care of a senior. This chart is not only useful for seniors living at home, but also if your senior loved one who lives in a facility and the private caregiver provides additional personal care.
Caregiver tax receipt for senior care service template:
- Simple and organized way for your accountant to see the yearly caregiver service cost
- Keeps accountant cost down by saving time, and efforts can be focused on applicable senior tax credits.
- You can send this form to your caregiver to fill out or complete it yourself (using the senior care invoice combined with this makes it easy!).
- Fields will automatically calculate
- Simply enter invoice amounts for each month
COVID-19 Screening Form:
Your private caregiver(s) should fill this it before each visit. Also useful if you have local community health support workers who will be entering your loved one(s) home.
Senior home safety checklist:
Weekly Food and Hydration Chart:
Are you ready to take the help?
I can personally promise that when you purchase and use this digital guide along with the templates here on Wise Caregiving, you will feel assured and confident that you have done everything you can to find and hire the best care possible for your senior loved one(s).
Again why these hire a private caregiver care templates are so important
⭐ Guide you through a process
⭐ Caregiver selection process
⭐ Clarify expectations
⭐ Better communication
⭐ Increased accountability
⭐ Better care response
⭐ Easy to use and modify
⭐ Quick access to medical info(emergency)
⭐ Organization- uniformity in forms
⭐ Have potential back up caregivers on file
⭐ Avoids liability issues
⭐ Simplified accounting
⭐ Save time and money
🌎 Use anywhere in the world
✔️ Reusable (hard files)
✔️ Easy to edit forms
✔️ Simple to change any excel formula
✔️ Fill form digitally/manually
✔️ Print to PDF
✔️ Send electronically
✔️ Printable 🖨️
Great ROI – return on investment !
Let’s get started!